Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring in my Step

Is it really two weeks since the Bath Half Marathon? I have continued to be very busy at work, but it seems like only a few days ago we were driving home from the West Country in the beautiful late Sunday afternoon sunshine. My, how time flies! It's now less than a month until my 50th birthday. Eeeeek! On a cheerier note, it's only just over two weeks until our trip to India. Am I getting excited about that? You bet I am!

In the two weeks since Bath, Spring has started to really establish itself and with a sunny but fresh weekend forecast by the Met Office, it was time to start the process of preparing the garden for the months ahead.

The first cut of the year!
After a mostly dry week, this year's first cut of the lawn was relatively straightforward, and the results impressive - from a distance at least. Some minor remedial work is required, but there will be plenty of time for that over the coming weeks. It was lovely just to be out there in the sunshine enjoying the smell of freshly cut grass and the sound of birdsong.

This time of year is great for running. The sun is often out, but the nip in the air means there's no danger of overheating. Colour is beginning to return all around bringing with it a tangible feelgood factor after the winter months. I've been out twice this weekend, three miles on Saturday and a six miler today. Both runs went well. My stride is lengthening and remaining strong for longer distances. I would even go so far as to say that there is a definite spring in my step. I'm really looking forward to the Newham 10K next weekend.

In the pink!
To try and convey some of the joy of Spring I have been feeling these last few days, I took my small camera out with me on my run today and paused briefly a couple of times to capture a little of the local colour and freshness that makes this such a wonderful time of year.

A colourful welcome to Firwood Avenue.
Lovely! Now it's time to spring into action for another busy week of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment